1 Day Conflict Management Course
Delivered at your venue, this course covers how to avoid and manage conflict situations and is applicable in a range of roles where there is direct contact with customers, service users and the general public. Weekend training is available.
The course includes how communication skills can be used to both avoid conflict and to resolve problems once conflict has been defused. It then considers the factors that influence human responses in a conflict situation for example triggers and inhibitors, and moves on to ways in which to assess and reduce risks in conflict situations. The course also covers how communication skills can be used to de-escalate conflict and covers post-incident issues such as support and the importance of sharing good practice.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Know how communication can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict.
- Know the factors that influence human responses in conflict situations.
- Know how to assess and reduce the risks in conflict situations.
- Know how to communicate effectively and de-escalate conflict in emotive situations.
- Know good practice to follow after conflict situations.