+44 01707 654317+44 01707 654317
+44 07527 411675
Questions? Email us here
6 delegates £400 - 12 delegates £650
This is a one day course that covers the following topics:
- Basic life support - Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally. Describe the principles that underpin basic
life support; Explain the circumstances under which resuscitation is performed; Explain why early intervention is necessary; and Describe different types of cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Basic life support techniques - Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally. Demonstrate cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Demonstrate compression
- Post resuscitation procedures - Demonstrate how to place a casualty in the recovery position; Identify the risks when placing a casualty in the recovery position; and Describe
handover and reporting procedures.
- AED maintenance & troubleshooting - Know how to safely use and maintain an automated external defibrillator.
- AED safety considerations - Be able to safely use an automated external defibrillator. Describe the safety considerations when using AEDs
Certificated course valid for 3 years
In line with industry guidance, the qualification supports learners with the safe and effective use of an automated external defibrillation machine for a period of 3 years, after which point it is
recommended that learners resit the course. Individuals achieving this qualification may wish to undertake further First Aid qualifications including: • Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
(QCF) • Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF).