+44 01707 654317+44 01707 654317
+44 07527 411675
Questions? Email us here
Up to 6 delegates £450 - Up to 12 delegates £780
This is a 1 day course covering the following topics:
- Introduction to – The First Aider, What is first aid?
- First aid in the workplace - Understand the roles and responsibilities of the First Aider
- Assessing an incident, Scene survey, Primary survey, Secondary survey, Casualty communication.
- Principles of resuscitation, The respiratory system, CPR, Adult basic life support, Compression only CPR, Infant and child CPR. Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Obstructed airway - Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
- The circulatory system, Types of bleeding, Wounds and embedded objects. Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Shock - Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Minor injuries, (cuts, grazes, contusions, minor burns and scalds, foreign objects, small splinters). Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury.
Certificated course - valid for 3 years
In line with guidance provided by the HSE, the qualification supports/approves work place emergency first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course.
In addition to this it is also recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually. Following the completion of this qualification, learners may wish to go on to take the following
qualifications: • Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF) • Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillation (QCF) • 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF).