+44 01707 654317+44 01707 654317
+44 07527 411675
Questions? Email us here
6 delegates £1350 - 12 delegates £2340
This is a 3 day course that covers the following topics:
- Introduction to – The First Aider, What is first aid?
- First aid in the workplace - Understand the roles and responsibilities of the First Aider
- Assessing an incident, Scene survey, Primary survey, Secondary survey, Casualty communication.
- Principles of resuscitation, The respiratory system, CPR, Adult basic life support, Compression only CPR, Infant and child CPR. Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who not is breathing normally
- Obstructed airway - Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
- The circulatory system, Types of bleeding, Wounds and embedded objects. Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Shock - Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Minor injuries, (cuts, grazes, contusions, minor burns and scalds, foreign objects, small splinters). Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury.
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness (heart attack, Asthma, Stroke, Diabetes.....)
Certificated course valid for 3 years
In line with guidance provided by the HSE, the qualification supports/approves work place first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course. In
addition to this it is also recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually. Learners achieving this qualification may also go on to take other specialist first aid qualifications, such
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF)
- Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillation (QCF)