Level 2 Award in citizenAID (RQF)
Who is this training for?
The QA Level 2 Award in citizenAID (RQF) has been specifically developed to:
- Help members of the public learn life-saving skills for use in extreme situations.
- To teach people how to react safely, prioritise the injured and give first aid to victims in the event of a deliberate multiple casualty incident.
During this 3 hour course, candidates will have the opportunity to practise techniques for dealing with catastrophic bleeding and will be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to save lives in the aftermath of a terrorist attack.
Determining the appropriate actions to take in the following events, using the citizenAID App or pocket guide:
- Knife attacker or active shooter
- Suspected bomb
- Exploded bomb
Reporting the incident to the emergency services
Prioritising multiple casualties
Providing sufficient information when the emergency services arrive
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty who is breathing:
- Opening the airways
- Checking breathing
- Recovery Position
Controlling severe external bleeding:
- Applying manufactured and improvised tourniquets
- Using improvised and manufactured dressings to pack wounds