1 Day BTEC Level 2 Course in the Use of Restraint Equipment
This is a 1 day course in the safe and effective use of restraint equipment, including handcuffs and soft-cuffs. It covers all the relevant laws, regulations and guidance followed by practice in the application techniques. The course content covers:
- Understanding the law regarding the use of force under Common Law and Section 3(1)(a) Criminal Law Act 1967
- Powers of arrest
- The Human Right Act
- Manual Handling Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act
- The medical implications of using handcuffs and soft restraints
- Avoiding and detection of positional asphyxia
- How to apply the handcuffs and soft-cuffs to a passive subject
- How to apply the handcuffs and soft-cuffs to an aggressive subject
- How to remove handcuffs and soft-cuffs safely
Delegates taking part this course MUST already be trained in advanced restraint techniques.
All successful delegates will recieve a certficate.