Delivered at your venue at times to suit you, this is a 1 day course (7
It teaches the law & low level 'control & restraint' and physical
intervention skills in the Prevention & Management of Violence and Aggression (PMVA).
The content can be tailored to meet your specific needs. Typical course content
- The use of force
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- The Human Rights Act
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Clarification of techniques that should not be used following NHS guidance,
- Avoiding and detection of positional asphyxia
- NHS Positive and Proactive Care - Reducing the need for restrictive interventions (where
- Conflict management techniques
- Instruction and practice of breakaway and self-defence techniques (where applicable)
- Instruction and practice of low risk physical intervention techniques
All delegates sucessfully completing the course will receive a certificate.
Refresher training should be completed annually.