Delivered at your venue, this course includes: recognising challenging behaviour, why some people exhibit it, how to avoid it and some easy strategies to deal with it.
The course covers the following areas:
- Understanding anger, aggression and violence
- Recognising fear and how it affects actions
- Identifying 'What is challenging behaviour?'
- Avoiding challenging behaviour
- Understanding how fear affects the body when faced with the need to use defensive skills
- Recognising signs of escalation
- Using communication skills to de-escalate a situation
All delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate. Refresher training should be completed annually.