Level 1 - Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health
Our trainers are qualified by Nuco, a registered centre with the Ofqual approved awarding organisation
First Aid Awards (FAA).
Our instructors are able to deliver regulated training & award Ofqual/SQA qualifications to the students they train.
For employers that do not have a mandatory MHFA training requirement, we are able to offer the same course as a non-accredited version, offering a significant price saving.
We are happy to run carousel courses, where invited staff from other employers pay for their own place.
Who is this training for?
This 4-hour qualification provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a range of mental health conditions, how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help.
Learners will know how to recognise and manage stress. Learners will not diagnose or treat mental health conditions as this can only be carried out by healthcare professionals but will gain the knowledge to identify when a person may have a condition and know where they can go to get help.
The qualification is valid for 3 years.
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Know how to recognise a range of mental health conditions
- Identify signs and/or symptoms for the following mental health conditions: Depression, Anxiety, Psychosis, Eating disorders, Suicide and Self-harm
- 4 hour course
Valid for 3 years
It is strongly recommended that annual refresher training is completed
The learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years
- FAA accredited (accredited course only)
- Ofqual regulated (accredited course only)
- Delivered in-house
- Flexible delivery times
- Weekend training available
£50 pp. Min 12, Max 16 per trainer
FAA Accredited (RQF) (SCQF)
£90 pp. Min 6, max 16 per trainer
Prices exclude VAT