Our trainers are qualified by Nuco, a registered centre with the Ofqual approved awarding organisation
First Aid Awards (FAA).
Our instructors are able to deliver regulated training & award Ofqual/SQA qualifications to the students they train.
For employers that do not have a mandatory MHFA training requirement, we are able to offer the same course as a non-accredited version, offering a significant price saving.
We are happy to run carousel courses, where invited staff from other employers pay for their own place.
Who is this training for?
This 6-hour qualification provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a range of mental health conditions, how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help.
Learners will know how to recognise and manage stress and understand the impact of substance abuse. They will learn about the first aid action plan for mental health, be able to put it in place and know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
Learners will not diagnose or treat mental health conditions as this can only be carried out by healthcare professionals but will gain the knowledge to identify when a person may have a condition and know where they can go to get help.
The qualification is valid for 3 years.
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- Know when to contact the emergency services in respect of first aid for mental health
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Identify signs and symptoms of the following conditions: Depression, Anxiety, Psychosis, Eating disorders, Suicide and Self-harm
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- 6 hour course
Valid for 3 years
It is strongly recommended that annual refresher training is completed.
The learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years.
- FAA accredited (accredited course only)
- Ofqual regulated (accredited course only)
- Delivered in-house
- Flexible delivery times
- Weekend training available
£80 pp. Min 8, max 16.
FAA Accredited (RQF) (SCQF)
£125 pp. Min 8, max 16.
Prices exclude VAT