Delivered at your venue this is a 2 day course (14 hrs min)
This course includes advanced level control and restraint skills, Conflict Management and Breakaway techniques.
Often delivered by other trainers as a 3 day course, we deliver the content in 2 days, saving you time and money
The content can be tailored to meet your specific needs. Typical course content includes:
- The use of force
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- The Human Rights Act
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Clarification of techniques that should not be used following NHS guidance
- Avoiding and detecting positional asphyxia
- NHS Positive and Proactive Care - Reducing the need for restrictive interventions (where applicable)
- Conflict management and de-escalation techniques
- Instruction and practice of breakaway and self-defence techniques (where applicable)
- Instruction and practice of low risk physical intervention techniques
- Instruction and practice of higher risk (advanced) restrictive physical intervention techniques
All successful candidates will be awarded a certificate. Refresher training should be completed annually.