The course content can be tailored to the needs of your workers depending upon the risks and the type of assaults they may be subjected to. Typically, these courses cover the following;
- Safety advice for walking, travelling on buses, trains, taxis, going out to bars and clubs, withdrawing money from cash machines, dog-walking, the internet, callers to the home, advice for lone worker safety, etc.
- What happens to the human body when faced with fear and stress
- Why some techniques work better than others when using physical survival skills, including Guthries Law and Hicks Law
- The lawful use of 'reasonable force', health and safety and human rights
- Practical ways to deal with attacks from punches, slaps, pushing, kicking, biting, wrist grabs, clothing grabs, hair-pulls, bear-hugs, etc.
These courses are typically undertaken by schools, security staff, estate agents, parking wardens, local authority staff such as Environmental Health Officers, Pest Control Officers, Dog Wardens, Food Safety Officers but are suitable for any sector that may be faced with staff being placed in potentially violent situations.