This policy has been written to offer all commissioners of training, course participants and trainers clear guidance on how complaints will be managed by Intelligensa.
Intelligensa encourages customers and commissioning organisations to share their thoughts and opinions by completing course evaluation forms and Trust Pilot reviews.
Intelligensa recognises there may be incidents that cause a course participant or trainer to complain about an aspect of the service they have received. If for any reason you are not satisfied with our service, we need you to tell us about it. Intelligensa views all complaints, comments and suggestions as positive feedback, as it promotes continuous quality improvement.
Any complaint will be taken seriously, and the complainant assured that matters raised will be investigated. Intelligensa will avoid being defensive or seeking to persuade the complainant to withdraw their complaint. Information about complaints will be presented in a manner which does not jeopardise confidentiality.
Complaints should be made in writing where possible. Intelligensa may have a duty to inform other relevant parties, eg an individual's employer, depending on the nature of the complaint.
If you have a complaint, please contact Andy Maddocks, Director by phone on 01707 654317; or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can try to resolve your complaint informally. Should we not be able to resolve your complaint informally, we will follow the steps below,
Formal complaints procedure:
- Complainants will be encouraged to make a written submission of their complaint. Written complaints must be sent to email@example.com for the attention of Andy Maddocks, Director.
- When the email is received, we will send the complainant an acknowledgement email within 2 working days.
- We will record your complaint in our central complaints register within a day of having received it.
- Once we have the complaint details, we will carry out an investigation, we will try to complete it within 10 working days. If we are unable to complete our investigation within 10 working days, we will update you on our progress and provide an indication of when we hope to complete the investigation. We may ask you for further information.
- Once our investigation is complete, we will send the complainant a detailed reply to their complaint within 5 days, indicating whether the complaint has been upheld or not, providing reasons for the decision and any suggestions for resolving the matter. All replies will be thorough and straightforward. Explanations of the actions of the investigation will be made and, where applicable, an indication of improvement in quality of service will be made.
- Quality improvements which arise out of such investigations will be taken forward by all trainers.
If Intelligensa have to change any of the time scales above, we will let you know and explain why. Should a complainant wish to speak directly with any Director of Intelligensa, this will be arranged. Within two days of the conversation, the Director will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions agreed with you.
Other Aspects of Complaints: Where a complaint alleges serious misconduct by an Intelligensa Trainer, the Director Andy Maddocks, has a duty and a responsibility to report the issue to any appropriate professional governing body for full investigation.
Criminal Acts and Offences: Where it appears that an offence has been committed, the Director of Intelligensa has a duty and a responsibility to ensure that the Police are called in to investigate further.
Policy review arrangements: Intelligensa Ltd will review this policy on an ongoing basis and revise it as and when necessary, in response to customer and learner feedback, changes in our policies and processes and any actions from allegations.
Please contact us if you have any queries about the contents of the policy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01707 654317
Reviewed: 7th September 2021
Next review: 18th December 2021