One Day Positive Handling Course
Delivered at your venue this course is for 6 hours, but can be extended to include further breakaway and self defence techniques if required (usually KS3 and above). There is no additional charge for this extension.
The first session addresses:
- The use of force
- The Heath & Safety at Work Act
- The Human Rights Act
- The Education and Inspections Act
- Clarification of techniques that should not be used following DfE guidelines
- Avoiding and detecting positional asphyxia
- The importance of de-escalation skills
The second session is dedicated to instruction and practice of:
- Safe holding
- Breakaway techniques (where applicable)
- Low level physical intervention, positive handling techniques
All delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate. Refresher training should be completed annually.