Half Day Positive Handling Course
Delivered at your venue this course is for 4 hours. Session 1 is given via essential distance learning for the 4 hour course and session 2 begins with a knowledge check of that learning. Session 2 is trainer led.
- The use of force
- The Heath & Safety at Work Act
- The Human Rights Act
- The Education and Inspections Act
- Clarification of techniques that should not be used following DfE guidelines
- Avoiding and detecting positional asphyxia
- The importance of de-escalation skills
The second session is dedicated to instruction and practice of:
- Safe holding
- Breakaway techniques (where applicable)
- Low level physical intervention, Positive Handling techniques
All successful delegates will receive a certificate. Refresher training should be completed annually.