Session 1 is delivered via essential pre-reading. Session 2 is 4 hours long and is trainer led. It begins with a knowledge check of the pre-reading and can be delivered during or after the school day.
- The use of force
- The Heath & Safety at Work Act
- The Human Rights Act
- The Education and Inspections Act
- Clarification of techniques that should not be used following DfE guidelines
- Avoiding and detecting positional asphyxia
- The importance of de-escalation skills
The second session is dedicated to instruction and practice of:
- Safe holding
- Breakaway techniques (where applicable)
- Low level physical intervention, Positive Handling techniques
All successful delegates will receive a certificate. Refresher training should be completed annually.