Blended Online & Practical Positive Handling Course
Designed to save valuable staff time, this blended course allows delegates to complete Part 1 online at a time suitable to them. Part 1 takes approximately 90 minutes to complete. This means your staff only have to assemble together for Part 2, the practical training.
Part 1 - Course content:
- The use of force
- The Heath & Safety at Work Act
- The Human Rights Act
- The Education and Inspections Act
- Clarification of techniques that should not be used following DfE guidelines
- Avoiding and detecting positional asphyxia
Part 2 of the course is trainer led. Delivered at your school, this session lasts for approximately 2.5 hours
Part 2 Course content:
Dedicated to the instruction and practice of:
- Positive Handling, Safe Holding and low level Physical Intervention techniques
- Breakaway techniques (where applicable)
All delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate. Refresher training should be completed annually.