Designed to save valuable staff time, this blended course allows delegates to complete Part 1 of the training online, at a time suitable to them. It takes approximately 90 minutes and can be completed in as many sessions as necessary. This means your staff only have to assemble together for Part 2, the trainer led practical session. This is 2.5 hours long and can be delivered during or after the school day.
Part 1 - Course content:
- The use of force
- The Heath & Safety at Work Act
- The Human Rights Act
- The Education and Inspections Act
- Clarification of techniques that should not be used following DfE guidelines
- Avoiding and detecting positional asphyxia
Part 2 Course content:
Dedicated to the instruction and practice of:
- Positive Handling, Safe Holding and low level Physical Intervention techniques
- Breakaway techniques (where applicable)
All delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate. Refresher training should be completed annually.