Delivered at your venue this is the one day course broken down into two twilight sessions. The days do not need to be consecutive.
The first session addresses:
- The use of force
- The Heath & Safety at Work Act
- The Human Rights Act
- The Education and Inspections Act
- Clarification of techniques that should not be used following DfE guidelines
- Avoiding and detecting positional asphyxia
- The importance of de-escalation skills
The second session is dedicated to instruction and practice of:
- Safe holding
- Breakaway techniques
- Low level physical intervention, Positive Handling techniques
All successful delegates will receive a certificate. Refresher training should be completed annually.