Delivered at your venue this is the one day course broken down into two sessions. The days do not need to be consecutive and the sessions can be delivered as twilights or during the school day. Each session is 2.5 hours long.
The first session addresses:
- The use of force
- The Heath & Safety at Work Act
- The Human Rights Act
- The Education and Inspections Act
- Clarification of techniques that should not be used following DfE guidelines
- Avoiding and detecting positional asphyxia
- The importance of de-escalation skills
The second session is dedicated to instruction and practice of:
- Safe holding
- Breakaway techniques
- Low level physical intervention, Positive Handling techniques
All successful delegates will receive a certificate. Refresher training should be completed annually.