Delivered at your venue there are 2 options for twilight training.
- The one day course broken down into two sessions. The days do not need to be consecutive and the sessions can be delivered as twilights or during the school day. Each session is 2.5 hours long.
- The blended online/practical course can be delivered after school as a single twilight session of 2.5 hours. Please note this option does not include de-escalation skills
The first session addresses:
- The use of force
- The Heath & Safety at Work Act
- The Human Rights Act
- The Education and Inspections Act
- Clarification of techniques that should not be used following DfE guidelines
- Avoiding and detecting positional asphyxia
- The importance of de-escalation skills (2 x twilight only)
The second session is dedicated to instruction and practice of:
- Safe holding
- Breakaway techniques
- Low level physical intervention, Positive Handling techniques
All successful delegates will receive a certificate. Refresher training should be completed annually.