Intelligensa Limited takes the protection of your privacy very seriously. We will only use your personal information to deliver the services you have requested from us, and to meet our legal responsibilities.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you engage us to deliver our services.
What type of information do we collect from you?
The personal information we collect from you will vary depending on which services you engage us to deliver. The personal information we collect might include your name, address, telephone number, email address and bank account details (account payers only).
How is your information used?
In general terms, and depending on which services you engage us to deliver, as part of providing our agreed services we may use your information to:
- contact you by post, email or telephone
- verify your identity where this is required (such as accredited courses)
- understand your needs and how they may be met
- maintain our records in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations
- process financial transactions
We are required by legislation and other regulatory requirements to retain your data where we have ceased to act for you. The period of retention required varies with the applicable legislation but is typically six years. To ensure compliance with all such requirements it is the policy of the company to retain all data for a period of seven years from the end of the period concerned.
Who has access to your information?
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Any staff with access to your information have a duty of confidentiality under standards that this firm is required to follow.
- Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf
- We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes.
Other than as explained above we will not release your information to third parties unless you have requested that we do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime, fraud or corruption.
How you can access and update your information
Keeping your information up to date and accurate is important to us. We commit to regularly review and correct where necessary, the information that we hold about you. If any of your information changes, please email or write to us, or call us using the ‘Contact information’ noted below.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Intelligensa Limited holds about you.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
Whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Your data will usually be processed in our offices. However, to allow us to operate efficient digital processes the information that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored and processed at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) it may also be processed by third party suppliers operating outside the EEA. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We take the security of your data seriously and so all our systems have appropriate security in place that complies with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements.
We may occasionally contact you by post / email / telephone with details of any changes in legal and regulatory requirements or other developments that may be relevant and, where applicable, how we may assist you further. If you do not wish to receive such information from us, please unsubscribe by clicking this in the relevant email.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email our data protection point of contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and will place any updates on our website at www.intelligensa.co.uk
Paper copies of the privacy notice may also be obtained by calling our office on 01707 654317.
This privacy notice was last updated on 21 May 2018.
Name: Andy Maddocks
Contact Details: email@example.com
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle your personal information but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
Telephone - 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745