What is Positive Handling?
Positive Handling is a system of safe holding techniques, to be used as a last resort when de-escalation tactics have failed, where staff safely hold pupils until they can hold their own emotions, & by doing so prevent harm to themselves or others.
Delivered at your venue, we will work with your team to teach De-escalation skills, Manage Challenging Behaviour and how to use Positive Handling techniques.
Outstanding and affordable, our training is available 7 days a week including after school, face to face and online.
We teach in accordance with Department for Education guidelines. Suitable for nurseries, primary schools, secondary schools and universities. Small and large groups welcomed.
Blended Positive Handling Course
This is an online and trainer led practical course.
- Part 1 is online, reducing classroom abstractions and trainer/delegate contact time (Covid-19). It covers the law and DfE guidance.
- Part 2 is delivered at your school at times to suit you (including after school/twilight). It is trainer led, lasts 2.5 hours and teaches staff how to safely conduct low level Physical Interventions and Safe Holding techniques.
- Certificated course
- Ideal refresher and/or new learner training
*Online only* Positive Handling Course
- Designed to train your staff in the laws surrounding the Use of Force and Department for Education guidelines
- Approximately 90 minutes long
- Can be completed in as many sittings as necessary.
- Includes downloadable certificate
- No practical skills are included in this course.